Poem : A Conflict.
A Conflict
He wore his white coat
Took his equipments , folders - files and was ready to go.
My keening tore into an otherwise silent room.
He was not ready to listen
I knelt at his feet and begged him to stay.
"Don't endanger your life dear
How will I live without you? "
He cared for me but was left with no other choice.
It was his responsibility. He clung to his decision.
Did family mean nothing to him ?
Had his love for us faded?
He wiped off my tears and said ,
"I know the depth of your love. Believe me , I love you even more but ,
There are thousands of lives looking up to me.
My foremost responsibility is to serve them.
Work is my worship. I can't silently shudder.
Don't ask me to demur , darling.
I'll never forgive myself - let alone the burden of guilt on my shoulders. "
Everything he said made no sense to me.
My emotions overpowered my intelligence
I watched him silently walking past me :
Helpless hapless , lost all the hopes to make him stay.
I asked myself why I couldn't convince him?
Did I give up persuading him in my vexation ?
I was sad , broken brittle and I heard a recognizing voice :
"Do you realise what it is to love ?
True love which is benevolent : selfless and sacrificial.
This time , he's working just to save humanity
You are the anchor to his ship
The ship has boarded many innocent passengers
You can't let the ship sink and get those impeccants drowned and die? "
Saying this , my mother hugged me.
It took time but I realised ,
I realised , his accomplishment is my pride
What pacifies him , relieves me.
What completes him , completes me as well.
- Sakshi Arora
@Rare Bird
He wore his white coat
Took his equipments , folders - files and was ready to go.
My keening tore into an otherwise silent room.
He was not ready to listen
I knelt at his feet and begged him to stay.
"Don't endanger your life dear
How will I live without you? "
He cared for me but was left with no other choice.
It was his responsibility. He clung to his decision.
Did family mean nothing to him ?
Had his love for us faded?
He wiped off my tears and said ,
"I know the depth of your love. Believe me , I love you even more but ,
There are thousands of lives looking up to me.
My foremost responsibility is to serve them.
Work is my worship. I can't silently shudder.
Don't ask me to demur , darling.
I'll never forgive myself - let alone the burden of guilt on my shoulders. "
Everything he said made no sense to me.
My emotions overpowered my intelligence
I watched him silently walking past me :
Helpless hapless , lost all the hopes to make him stay.
I asked myself why I couldn't convince him?
Did I give up persuading him in my vexation ?
I was sad , broken brittle and I heard a recognizing voice :
"Do you realise what it is to love ?
True love which is benevolent : selfless and sacrificial.
This time , he's working just to save humanity
You are the anchor to his ship
The ship has boarded many innocent passengers
You can't let the ship sink and get those impeccants drowned and die? "
Saying this , my mother hugged me.
It took time but I realised ,
I realised , his accomplishment is my pride
What pacifies him , relieves me.
What completes him , completes me as well.
- Sakshi Arora
@Rare Bird

😔👌
ReplyDelete❣️
DeleteWoow♥️
Delete💛
DeleteAWESOME
ReplyDelete💫🙏🤗
DeleteLovely!🌸
ReplyDeleteThank you.💛
DeleteLovely!��
ReplyDelete🙏💫
DeleteBrilliantly written 👌👌
ReplyDeleteThank you.🙏💫
DeleteKeep writing 😍
ReplyDeleteSure!
DeleteHappy Reading!💛
Amazing 😍 keep it up!
ReplyDeleteThank you. 💛🙏
DeleteWonderful, keep writing... Keep growing 👍
DeleteThank you❤️ Happy Reading!
Delete